Building an Online Community (Coming Soon)
Three years ago, I was invited to listen to a speaker at the University of Northern Iowa. They spoke of their experience managing and growing their online community, of the highs and lows of being an entrepreneur, and the future of technology.
It was one of the most interesting talks I had ever attended.
That person’s name was Drew Curtis.
Since then, I have reached out to Drew for advice on how to build products, overcoming obstacles in entrepreneurship, and life's challenges in general.
We are bringing you the opportunity to learn from Drew Curtis and his wife, Fark COO Heather Curtis, on how to build your own online community.
Whether you are building a fashion community or have always wanted to create a community for makers just like you, this is the class for you to get started.
Leading an online community will allow you to build an audience and become an influencer in your field. Having an audience and being able to influence your community empowers you to create amazing opportunities.
- Monetizing your audience through advertising
- Affiliate marketing opportunities
- Sharing your products or services with your audience
Now is your chance to learn how to build your community from the facilitators of one of the most successful online communities over the last 18 years, Fark.com's Drew and Heather Curtis.
Fark is a community website created by Drew Curtis that allows members to comment on a daily batch of news articles and other items from various websites. The site receives story submissions every day and they are publicly displayed on the site, spread out over the main page and tabs.
You will learn how to:
- Start an online community
- Where to build it
- Build for your audience
- Manage toxic users
- Find moderators
- Monetize your audience
- Grow your audience
- Let go over control
- Develop the daily habits of an online community facilitator
- And much more…
Fark.com, Drew and Heather’s track record:
- Fark is listed as one of the top 100 English speaking websites from the amount of traffic it receives.
- Fark was the first indie blog to make over 1 million per year in revenue.
- Fark is considered to be staggeringly successful due to the operations of Drew Curtis and small amount of salary he takes to run the business. Link 2
- Fark and Drew Curtis featured in Business 2.0 by CNN Link
- Fark receives over 3 million unique visitors a month and upwards of 60 million per year.
- Drew’s Ted Talk on Patent Trolls Link